[jsword-devel] Fwd: Desktop won't open

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 23:56:37 MST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: coby ingram <coby at peru.com>
Date: Sep 6, 2005 7:08 PM
Subject: Desktop won't open
To: joseph.walker at gmail.com

Mr. Walker--

I appreciate the work you are doing.

I am eager to download JSword and see if it is appropriate for my purposes.
Sword has some great modules. Hopefully it will work, but...

When I download the bin files JSword won't run. After the authentication
dialog I get an error message:

"An error has occured.
No description available."

"This was caused by:
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicBorders$FieldBorder"

"JavaLang ExceptionInInitializer Error"

"org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop$1.run()
(No File; Can't open source for org.crosswire...)
ParseError: .Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException:
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicBorders$FieldBorder()
(Can't open source for: ParseError: , line: 0
org.crosswire.common.swing.plaf.WindowsLFCustoms.initPlatformUIDefaults()
(Can't open source for: org.cr...)
org.crosswire.common.swing.plaf.AbstractLFCustoms.initUIDefaults()
(Can't open source for:...)
org.crosswire.common.swing.LookAndFeelUtil.customizeBDLookandFeel()
(Can't open source...)
org.crosswire.common.swing.LookAndFeelUtil.<clinit>()
(Can't open source...)
ParseError: . ... 1 more()
(Can't open source for: ParseError: , line: 0)

I am trying to run the Desktop on WinMe, Athlon machine. Already had JRE but
the application downloaded "the latest version" from crosswire anyway. Maybe
that was the latest version of JSword?

I've been tinkering with computers since the early '80's so I understand
most terms, but on questions of hardcore programming I prefer explanation.

I will try a couple of other things. If you feel this needs attention or a
reply, thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Coby