[jsword-devel] Fixes

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 06:04:05 MST 2005

I fixed the strongs problem w/ the NASB.
The NASB uncovered a lot of little whitespace problems with the xslt.

Turns out that <span class="xxx">...</span> was causing whitespace to be 
introduced into the document. I changed all of these to <font 
class="xxx">...</font>. This had the right behavior.

This led to a different problem. In a few places, we were inadvertently 
relying on <span> to introduce whitespace. Now words were running 
together. Turns out that it was because the original document had 
significant whitespace between adjacent tags and it was being removed 
with the xslt strip-space directive. I removed that.

Also found that the following construct would introduce whitespace:
    <xsl:apply-templates />

These need to be <h1><xsl:apply-templates/></h1>.

While it is less readable. It is correct.

I commented the code for these changes.

Also, in the handling of OSIS errors we were truncating the output. I 
want to be able to see the whole xml fragment to see the error. So I 
removed the truncation on the first encountering of the problem.

More information about the jsword-devel mailing list