[jsword-devel] BibleDesktop in SWT

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 10:38:17 MST 2005

I am reading a book on SWT to see where the differences between it and
Swing are.
I'm not interested so much in the how, but the what. I expect that SWT
has a different way
of doing the same thing. Specifically, I want to figure out what SWT
does not do that Swing
does that we care about.

The first that I found is that SWT uses the class Decorations to do
something like MDI (JInternalFrame)
but according to the book, on resize (split pane or window) the internal
windows are layed out
all over again with their original positions and sizes. I think that
this is unacceptable.

Personally, I find that MDI is only of value to look at passages
side-by-side. If that is its only value
then I think that we can figure out how to provide that feature a
different way (e.g. parallel tab sets).

Any other thoughts?