[jsword-devel] Using native browsers in BibleDesktop

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 10:38:10 MST 2005

In looking at the SWT Browser, it looks like it will be ugly, but
perhaps simple to get it to work with custom protocols (e.g. bible://,
dict://, ...) that are to be intercepted by BibleDesktop and gotten from
modules.

It looks like you implement a LocationListener.changing(LocationEvent
le) to intercept the request url, examine it for the protocol and then
veto it. After that the url in the LocationEvent is used to get the text
from the module and supply it for the browser.

Hopefully, this can be done in the changing method.