[jsword-devel] Mailing lists and website updates

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 03:48:25 MST 2004

Hi,

I've updated the website to show links to the new mailing lists and
how to subscribe etc. So the best place to go to change your
subscriptions is now:

http://www.crosswire.org/jsword/maillists.html

I've also updated the list of projects that we link to. We've had a
list of links for ages, some of which were out of date or of marginal
interest so I've trimmed the list and added some words. It is probably
too wordy, and needs trimming. It includes a link to Jira which they
suggested when they gave us the free license.

I announced the bug tracking system on sword-devel with the link
suggestion and it attracted a mail of criticism against the non-open
source nature of Jira and against us linking to them. We discussed the
OSS issue a while back and no-one dissented then, so I'm reluctant to
change from Jira. I also think the link request isn't too much to ask,
but if jsword people feel strongly that we shouldn't link then I'll
remove it.