[jsword-devel] Incremental improvement

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 15:10:58 MST 2004

I am about to check in an incremental improvement in the download of
modules.

I have changed the code to get the size of the module and to ask the
user whether they want to download it.
And I removed the two popup dialogs.

It could be improved more:
1) I present the size as so may KB. This could be adjusted to show MB
rather than thousands of KB.
2) It does not let the user know the installed size. I noticed that a
jsp on the Modules site gives the installed size. In the case of
uncompressed modules this can be pretty significant.
3) It does not estimate the time for the download. This can be done by
timing the download of the mods.d.tar.gz file and estimating from there.
4) It does not have a progress bar for the initial install or a way to
cancel the install (which is part of the progress bar). (I think that
this is needed).
5) It does not show the sizes of the modules in the tree. This is not
trivial, given that it needs to be gotten one at a time and stored in a
useful place.

I am still working on:
1) adding "Language" to the tree.
2) Automatically downloading the mods.d.tar.gz on startup and possibly
when it changes (I think that this may be easy.)