[jsword-devel] Flashcard build silliness

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Sep 11 12:39:51 MST 2004

Hey DM,
	Been working on re-adding support for editing files into flashcards and
am trying to understand how things work.  Help me learn about the need
for the classloader extension.

	Here is what I think the path might be for loading the lesson groups.

	1. look on the resource path (basically, the flashcards.jar file) for
"lessons/<lesson_group>/*.flash
	2. CWD "file:lessons/<lesson_group>/*.flash
	3. CWD "jar:file:lessons/*.jar!/lessons/<lesson_group>/*.flash
	4. HOME "file:${user.home}/.flashcards/lessons/ <lesson_group>/*.flash
	5. HOME "jar:file:${user.home}/.flashcards/lessons/
*.jar!/lessons/<lesson_group>/*.flash

	I was going to attempt to write this today with 2 functions which could
be called from the quizzer and the editor could use at least the first
when the path is chosen:

	// called for each <lesson_group> found
	public static void addLessonGroup(Map lessonGroups, URL url);

	// called 5 times with above logic
	public static Vector discoverLessonGroups(URL lessonsPath);

	...but thought it best to ask you for direction, as I still don't
understand the function of the class loader.

	Thanks for your efforts and in advance for your guidance!

		-Troy.