[jsword-devel] Slightly Off Topic - New Java Project

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Tue Sep 7 15:21:00 MST 2004

I just thought I'd let you guys know that Bible Desktop/JSword has been a pleasant experience for me.  I enjoyed doing the quick help, and promise to finish the more in-depth manual soon.  At least I'll get it where you won't have so much to write. ;)

In the wake of "GNU Believers", a Java developer contacted me about my own CHADDB (CHurch ADmin DB), and has now officially agreed to take on developing the front-end to the MySQL back-end I created.  I'll be turning my attention back to CHADDB.  I have additional work to do on the back-end, as well as documentation and PR.

My experience with Bible Desktop helped Carl to sell me on using Java for the job.  Frankly, I'm pretty excited.  I'll definitely keep in touch and keep me on the list (or a users list, if you go that route).  I'll also pitch in whenever I can in anyway I can.  I just won't have the time I've had recently to offer my input.

Grace and Peace,
Don
--
DC Parris  GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/
evangelinux at matheteuo.org

Free software is like God's love - you can share it with anyone anywhere anytime!