[jsword-devel] Concordance

Paul Price price at ifa.hawaii.edu
Thu May 27 12:48:00 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 09:34, DM Smith wrote:
> Your advice is sound and good to pass on. I am still looking for a
> resource that will split a particular Greek word into different meanings
> and provide separate verse lists for each. Do you know if there is any
> such book? I have not seen any.

I expect the functionality that you're looking for would involve someone
making a decision as to the context the word is used in.  That's a lot
of hard work (and it can't be done by a computer; for an example of such
a study, see James White's study on "justification" in "The God Who
Justifies"), so I wouldn't expect such a book to be attempted, and even
if it did, my personal choice would be to do the work myself using
Strongs and an interlinear: I don't like other people making decisions
about context for me.  Give me the Word of God, and I will take the
responsibility for determining the context.

It's the same old argument, I think, between formal and dynamical
equivalency.

In Christ,

Paul.
<><