[jsword-devel] Concordance

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 06:48:47 MST 2004

My daughter asked me to help her find a book that would index a bible
according to the underlying Greek and Hebrew words and provide a
thorough definition of those words according to the context.

That is for a given word it may have multiple definitions, she wants to
be able to pick a word according to its definition and find all the
places that is used. The way she wants to pick a word is from the
English in a particular verse she is studying.

I was in seminary before Strongs was numbered, so I have done this by
brute force using lots of books. I am not familiar with what is
available today. I use Strongs, Vines, Kittles, Nestles, interlinears
and various commentaries.

I have two questions:
1) What books would you use to do this?
2) How would this be added to Bible Desktop? (post 1.0)