[jsword-devel] Problems in SwordBookMetaData

DM Smith jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:46:28 -0500

I found a problem in SwordBookMetaData in that it does not parse the input
correctly.
I am not sure if what I am seeing is a data problem or a parser problem.
I looked at the twiki for the conf file and I did not find answers there.

Specifically:

There is one line that begins with a #. Is this used to comment out a line?

Is a line that does not have an = in it a continuation of the previous key
even when the previous line does not end with \? Some of the "About"
sections are multi-line but don't have \ at the end of the lines.

Is a line that does have a = in it a new key even if the previous line ends
with a \? This occurs once.

Are spaces to be ignored in keys? For example I found "Distribution License"
and not "DistributionLicense".

What should be done about typos in the keys in the conf files? I found the
following problems:
[common]
Distribution License=Copyrighted; Free Non-Commercial Distribution
(Should be DistributionLicense)

[FinPR]
SwordVersionData=2003-02-20
[FinBiblia]
SwordVersionData=2003-02-20
(Should be SwordVersionDate)

[Icelandic]
Source=http://unbound.biola.edu/
(Should be TextSource)

[RusVZh]
Copyright=2001-2003 year, by Victor R. Zhuromsky
[Packard]
Copyright=2001 by the CrossWire Bible Society
(Should be CopyrightDate and CopyrightHolder)

[RST]
MinumumVersion=1.5.2
[Tisch]
MinumumVersion=1.5.2
[UMGreek]
MinumumVersion=1.5.2
[Viet]
MinumumVersion=1.5.2
[Orthodoxy]
sMinimumVersion=1.5.3
(Should be MinimumVersion)

[GerAugustinus]
Obsoloetes=Augustinus
(Should be Obsoletes)

All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by
ESPN. http://msn.espn.go.com/index.html?partnersite=espn