Blank Display was Re: [jsword-devel] Patch for clean install

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:16:14 +0000

DM Smith wrote:

> Joe Walker wrote:
>

>> I'm working on getting rid of the plethora of directories created in
>> the .jsword directory each time we start up, and on chasing down this
>> intermittent blank opening display problem. I suspect threading
>> issues somewhere.
>

> I am able to get the blank display to happen on every startup if I
> delete the ~/.jsword or its contents.

I'd be interested to know if you still can now.
I've tweaked here and there but nothing that should fix the problem,
however I can't reproduce it any more.

If you can reproduce it I'd be interested to know if you have 2 lines in
the console:
uterDisplayPane(DEBUG) odp start
uterDisplayPane(DEBUG) odp end

I suspect that you wouldn't get the second for the cases when you get a
blank screen.

Joe.