[jsword-devel] Still lost in source

Norbert Plött jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:01:19 +0100

Hi Joe,

> One thing you do need to do is to checkout the latest code from CVS.

are you sure? It took me several hours to get the sources and doucmentation
with  my 28.8 modem (yes, they still exist) and I assume that getting the
sources via CVS will take significantly longer.

Hope you can help me out with the version I currently have. I'll copy some
more detailed information of what fails at startup in my environment and
probably by looking at the messages you'll be able to give me a hint at what
I should do. Sorry for the lengthy text ...
Or if not, well at least it was a nice try.
In any case, thanks for looking through my stuff.

Norbert

Ok, here is my commad line (in a shell script). I am using a self-written
class BibleStatGui to run my test, but for resource files I point to
directories from the ant buld, or to jar files which I copied from the
download:

/usr/lib/java/bin/java \
-cp ~/Java_Prog/BibleStat/src:\
/home/nploett/Java_Prog/BibleStat/src/de/nops/BibleStat/jar/jsword.jar:\
/home/nploett/Java_Prog/BibleStat/src/de/nops/BibleStat/jar/log4j-1.2.7.jar:\
/home/nploett/Java_Prog/jsword-0.9.6/target/ant/swingui/jsword/resource:\
/home/nploett/Java_Prog/BibleStat/src/de/nops/BibleStat/jar/
commons-lang-2.0.jar \
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/home/nploett/Java_Prog/jsword-0.9.6/target/ant/swingui/
jsword/lib \
-Djsword.bible.dir=/home/nploett/Java_Prog/jsword-0.9.6/target/ant/swingui/
jsword/resource \
de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui

And here is the output (I shortened some of the callstack output of
exceptions):
Start readPlainText() <-- N.P. Debug message from my code
d.util.Resource(DEBUG) Loaded org.crosswire.jsword.book.BookDriver.properties
from classpath: [OK]
d.util.Resource(DEBUG) Found 3 implementors of
org.crosswire.jsword.book.BookDriver
word.book.Books(DEBUG) begin auto-registering 3 drivers:
age.PassageUtil(DEBUG) No custom resource found: Can't find bundle for base
name org.crosswire.jsword.passage.Passage, locale de_DE
n.util.Reporter(DEBUG) Can't find resources for Locale 'de_DE'
n.util.Reporter(WARN ) Nothing to listen to report: message=Can't find
resources for Locale 'de_DE'
alURLBookDriver(DEBUG) Starting Serialized in ser
alURLBookDriver(DEBUG) Testing system property jsword.bible.dir=/home/nploett/
Java_Prog/jsword-0.9.6/target/ant/swingui/jsword/resource
alURLBookDriver(DEBUG) Found BibleRoot using system property jsword.bible.dir
at file:/home/nploett/Java_Prog/jsword-0.9.6/target/ant/swingui/jsword/
resource/versions/locator.properties
alURLBookDriver(DEBUG) The directory 'file:/home/nploett/Java_Prog/
jsword-0.9.6/target/ant/swingui/jsword/resource/versions/ser' does not exist.
cwd=/home/nploett/Java_Prog/BibleStat/src
word.book.Books(DEBUG) begin registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.ser.SerBookDriver
on.util.NetUtil(WARN ) index file for file:/home/nploett/Java_Prog/
jsword-0.9.6/target/ant/swingui/jsword/resource/versions/ser was not found.
r.SerBookDriver(WARN ) URL file:/home/nploett/Java_Prog/jsword-0.9.6/target/
ant/swingui/jsword/resource/versions/ser is not a directory
java.net.MalformedURLException: URL file:/home/nploett/Java_Prog/jsword-0.9.6/
target/ant/swingui/jsword/resource/versions/ser is not a directory
        at org.crosswire.common.util.NetUtil.listByFile(NetUtil.java:492)
        at org.crosswire.common.util.NetUtil.list(NetUtil.java:453)
        at
org.crosswire.jsword.book.local.LocalURLBookDriver.getBooks(LocalURLBookDriver.java:198)
        at org.crosswire.jsword.book.Books.registerDriver(Books.java:233)
        at org.crosswire.jsword.book.Books.<clinit>(Books.java:339)
        at org.crosswire.jsword.book.Defaults.<clinit>(Defaults.java:408)
        at
de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui.readPlainText(BibleStatGui.java:142)
        at
de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui.jMenuItemTestActionPerformed(BibleStatGui.java:96)
        at de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui.access$200(BibleStatGui.java:37)
        at de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui
n.util.Reporter(WARN ) Nothing to listen to report: message=null
[...]
alURLBookDriver(WARN ) failed to load Serialized Bibles because source
directory is not present: file:/home/nploett/Java_Prog/jsword-0.9.6/target/
ant/swingui/jsword/resource/versions/ser
word.book.Books(DEBUG) end registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.ser.SerBookDriver
word.book.Books(DEBUG) begin registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.readings.ReadingsBookDriver
word.book.Books(DEBUG) registering book: Daily Readings
word.book.Books(DEBUG) end registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.readings.ReadingsBookDriver
SwordBookDriver(DEBUG) Starting Sword drivers
word.book.Books(DEBUG) begin registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordBookDriver
word.book.Books(DEBUG) end registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordBookDriver
word.book.Books(DEBUG) end auto-registering drivers:
d.book.Defaults(DEBUG) setting as default dictionary since speed=8
on.util.MsgBase(DEBUG) Using default resources for
org.crosswire.jsword.book.Msg
Exception:Bible called "GerSch" could not be found. <-- N.P. message from my
code