[jsword-devel] Re: Font as applet resource?

Troy A. Griffitts jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 07 Mar 2004 03:59:25 -0700

Patrick,
	I haven't done applet stuff in a really long time.  I'll see if our
jsword-devel group has anyone willing to look into this one.

jsword-devel,
	Hey guys.  Is there anyone that might be able to get our jsword-old
ModEdit application working as an applet.  I really don't know the steps
involved these days to get it to work in the security model of a
browser.  Here are the steps to get, compile, and run the mentioned app:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:/cvs/core
cvs login
password: anonymous
cvs co jsword-old
cd jsword-old
./configure
make
cd apps/ModEdit
make
java -jar ModEdit.jar

After getting it working, as-is,  I think Patrick would like the font
included in the .jar file for the applet, and accessed from there
instead of the URL loading that you will notice when you try the
application.

After getting THAT working, maybe someone might be able to provide
another of our custom input methods-- in addition to the 2 that are
included in the current app.  That works with the mapping mentioned in
the quoted email below.  It may be close to one that we already have and
only a few keystrokes might need to be added;  I haven't looked at the
mapping yet.

Here are the files metioned in the email below:

http://crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/SBL_Hbrw.ttf
http://crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/SBLHebrew-Manual.pdf

	Thanks for considering this project,
		-Troy.