[jsword-devel] Recent updates

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 04:54:35 MST 2004

Joe Walker wrote:

> On the daily readings thing. I've done most of the work (introducing
> defaults for dicts and commentrys, and adding a few checks here and there).
> For some reason it doesn't work, but I don't have much time to dig now.
> If you get a chance the key lines in DictionaryPane ~line 224
>
>             if (dict instanceof PreferredKey)
>             {
>                 PreferredKey pref = (PreferredKey) dict;
>                 Key key = pref.getPreferred();
>
>                 lstEntries.setSelectedValue(key, true);
>             }

I looked at the code briefly and it is setSelectedValue that is not
working as expected. I don't have any more time to look at it until
after the weekend. My son is graduating from High School, so that is
going to take up most of my time.

> On the default Bible in reading tab thing: Each new tab should come up
> in the default Bible rather than the Bible that the user was using on
> the current tab, I think. Maybe we need a CTRL+click thing that uses the
> current tab rather than starting a new one?

I like that each tab knows which Bible it is using. So this makes sense.
In tabbed view that one tab is always showing. Even after closing the
last, one is created. I think that if has not been used, it should be
used instead of opening another.

> I've also done some re-org of the prefs dialog to simplfy it.
>
> I noticed that the font sizes do not get selected properly for some
> reason too - Something else to fix.

I noticed this too. It was a problem when I finally got the font to work
in the first place. I forgot to put it in bugs.txt.