[jsword-devel] Keys and Passages

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 04:38:11 MST 2004

I think that it may be better to have the tree be separate altogether
from Key. And I think that there is no need for a Key to know where it
stands in a tree or that it is in a tree.

For example, in DefaultMutableTreeNode, there is a getUserObject which
holds whatever you want it to. And toString is called on it to get the
text of the node for a tree display.

I am thinking that you may want two different kinds of user objects. One
  that labels a collection of Keys and one for the Key itself. A
traversal interface, if needed, would know the abstract nature of a tree
of Keys.