[jsword-devel] jSword for DSL Linux

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Fri Jul 16 03:55:28 MST 2004

Davy Mitchell wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Hope you are well.
>
> I have been examining DSL Linux bootable CD
> (http://damnsmalllinux.org/ only 50mb) with the thought of expanding
> it to a Christian distro through its DSL extensions.
>
> jSword seems like a good contender for a Bible program as GNOME or KDE
> are not an option. I downloaded 0.9.6 and it ran fine with the
> standard JRE DSL extension.
>
> Is there a more recent stable version that can be used for testing? Or
> just CVS? I hope to get Linux re-installed tonight (DSL or maybe Vector).

There is 0.9.7 from the download page
(http://www.crosswire.org/jsword/download.jsp) which is a decent step up
from 0.9.6. Current CVS is probably a bad idea, and probably won't be a
good idea for another week or so, but we're hoping for 0.9.8 before too
long, maybe 3 weeks away.

> Also if anyone needs a Gmail account for Sword use then email me quick!

I think I must be the only person in the world without a Gmail invite!
Yes please.