[jsword-devel] Broken dictionary pane...

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 07:29:23 MST 2004

Here is what I am seeing:
When the program starts, on the right hand side, there are three areas:
Top Area: A listing of dictionaries and commentaries, w/ Readings
selected. This shows 4 lines max. scrollbar may obscure one. This area
does not grow.
Middle Area: A listing of entries for a selected dictionary. It has 30%
of the total of the middle and bottom area. At 800x600, it is 4.5 lines.
Bottom area: A display of the selection from the middle area. It is 70%
of the total of the middle and bottom area.

The top area used to be in a split pane when it was a SidebarPane. The
DictionaryPane does not do that. Not sure why.

I think what happens is that the list is built empty and laid out empty,
so it only shows a default 4 entry size. I think we can make it layout
for a fixed "n" entries. I would think 7 to 10 should be sufficient. Or
we can try the split pane again.

Any preferences? Who wants to do it? (I'll do it if you wish)