[jsword-devel] Installation location, default dictionary

Mark Goodwin goodwinster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 09:30:04 MST 2004

Yes, desktop integration is Windows and Mac only at the moment.  Gnome
2 integration is one of the planned features for J2SE 5 (or whatever
they're calling it).

Just write a script that does something like the following (obviously
substitute your path to java web start):

#!/bin/bash
/opt/jre1.4.2_05/javaws/javaws
http://www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/stable/jsword.jnlp

Make sure it's executable (chmod +x bibledesktop.sh), then (assuming
you're a gnome user) create a launcher by right clicking on your
panel, and choosing "Add to panel"->Launcher.

Put the full path to the script in "Command", add icon of your choice,
and you're away.

If you copy the script to somewhere in the path (e.g. /usr/bin) you
can invoke the script from the command line as well.

HTH.

MarkG