[jsword-devel] Installation location, default dictionary

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Fri Aug 27 13:56:17 MST 2004

---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: Re: [jsword-devel] Installation location, default dictionary
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:57:57 -0400
From: DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com>

Thanks for your input.

Paul Price wrote:

>Hi guys.
>
>	I finally got around to playing with BD, and it looks great!  I'm
>running RHEL 3.0.  Only a few comments:

I have not tested it under RH (I have FC2, but live under WinXP).

>* I installed via "WebStart", but now I have no idea where the s/w was
>installed, or how to restart it after I close.

You can always click the link again. It will detect that there are no
changes and run the program.
You can run the Java WebStart Application Manager (javaws in the bin
directory of the jre, I think) and you will see the application listed.
You can start it from there.
On Windows it give me a choice for desktop integration. This creates a
desktop shortcut for the application. Don't know if you were offered the
choice.
_____________________

According to the Java Documentation - Desktop integration is available only with Windows at the moment.  I created a desktop icon for JWS via drag-n-drop in SUSE 8.0
_____________________

As to the location, if you go File->Preferences->Advanced, you will see
an Applications Folder. The programs are cached there.

>* I wanted to look up a particular word using the Strongs Dictionary.
>In other applications, I simply double-click the word, and it shows up
>in the dictionary.  It took a bit of playing around before I realised
>that I had to select the particular dictionary on the RHS and then
>select the word.  It wasn't particularly intuitive, but I got there in
>the end!  It might help to have a concept of a default
>dictionary/commentary that pops up when a word/verse is double-clicked.

I have put in bugs.txt a line item to select the right strongs
dictionary and change to it.

You can select a default Bible, Commentary, & Dictionary all in the Tools --> Options dialogue.  If you need to use another reference tool, you'll have to click on it.

Regards,
Don
--
DC Parris  GNU Evangelist