[jsword-devel] Couple more bugs

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 10:37:37 MST 2004

In generating various screenshots, I ran across some bugs in the
Sub-window mode.
First, you cannot use the View->Tabbed Mode, View->Sub-window mode to
switch. It just does not work.
Second, if you change the option to start up in Sub-window mode, then
the application comes up squished.
I don't think it is necessary to fix these before we go to 0.9.8. But if
it is going to be a few more days before release, then I can get them done.

I am thinking for the squished problem to set the main application
window size to a reasonable size based upon the user's resolution.

Right now on my machine the Tabbed mode comes up in 1008 x 615,
including the window decoration. I think that this is a reasonable size
for 1024x768. I run in a higher resolution, so I almost always full
screen the application as soon as it starts. The 1008x615 is probably
too big for 800x600, which people with smaller monitors, laptops and
older machines probably use. (My dad still uses it on his state of the
art machine with a 17" monitor!)