[jsword-devel] Patch for Strongs number and Build

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 15:49:29 MST 2004

I have attached to sets of patches: One is for strong hypertext links
and the other for the build.
I am keeping the build separate so you (Joe) can apply and evaluate it
separately.
I have already described the change for Strongs so I wont do it again.

Here are the changes I made to the build:
There was a mis-specified url for the jnlp it should have been
bibledesktop.jnlp.
The bibledesktop-web did not put signed jars into the nightly directory.
So I moved the jar signing from bibledesktop to bibledesktop-web.
I also copied the startup scripts to the directory (I put copies into
etc/bin, you may want to rename them to reflect bibledesktop and not jsword)
I put overrides for the entry points that can't work (i.e. prepare,
build, testcompile)
I modified bibledesktop/build.xml to no longer build a jnlp
distribution. There is probably a bit more cleanup to be done there.

I changed jsword-web to depend upon bibledesktop-web. This way we will
only have to do a single build and it will build everything.

I put back test into core.xml but I commented it out of jsword-web. That
way we don't keep changing core.xml.
I did run "test" before I commented it out and it works just fine. It is
just so very slow because of jcoverage.

I am pretty sure that I did not break the existing work. I hope that my
changes help.

I also fixed up the new checkstyle, findbugs and pmd. Thanks Joe for
upgrading that.

Jars and servlet.jar need to be put in WEB-INF/lib. I suggest that we
put the stable ones in there. That way we don't break the jsp with an
unstable build.