[jsword-devel] Web Demo causes error...

DM Smith dmsmith555 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 12:20:26 MST 2004

I installed the binary distribution by unzipping it to a directory of my
choosing:
D:\Bible
It created a directory jsword-20040405 with a bin, lib and resource
subdirectory.

The lib directory has 4 jar files which are not used: dom.jar, sax.jar,
xercesImpl.jar and xalan.jar.
These can be deleted, but it is not necessary. They will be gone in the next
release, saving over 2.2M in the download.

Find jsword.bat and run it. The bat file works just fine on Windows XP. On
Windows ME, you may need to edit the file to get it to find where you
unzipped the program. Or you can unzip it to C:\Program Files and rename it
to jsword. This should work. Let us know what you find.

You mentioned that the files were read-only. If this is the case after
installing the zip you will need to turn it off for the resource directory
and everything under it.