[jsword-devel] OSIS parse error inspection KJV 1769

Norbert Plött jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:13:46 +0200

Hello folks,

I am trying to inspect the 1769 King James bible with jsword (Mat 1:1). The
text is displayed, but only as "black text", i.e. not hyperlink information
for Strong's etc. Also I get parse error messages in the debug output which
seem to indicate that the bible text is not quite in line with the OSIS
version I have:

uterDisplayPane(DEBUG) new bible chosen: SwordBible:kjv[moddrv=zText]
uterDisplayPane(DEBUG) new bible chosen: SwordBible:kjv[moddrv=zText]
uterDisplayPane(DEBUG) new passage chosen: Mat 1:1
book.DataPolice(DEBUG) OSIS parse error: Unexpected element {}:resp More
information is available.
book.DataPolice(DEBUG) parse original failed: Unexpected element {}:resp
book.DataPolice(DEBUG)   while parsing: <w src="1" lemma="x-Strongs:G976"
morph="x-Robinson:N-NSF">The book</w> <w src="2" lemma="x-Strongs:...
(truncated)
(repeats several times)

I thought that OSIS was already pretty stable. Now my jsword.jar, which
contains the osis package, was downloaded on February 29 2004. Do need to
make a new (8 Meg on a 28.8 modem) download? Other suggestions?

Regards,

Norbert