Patch was RE: [jsword-devel] ActionFactory and ResourceBundles

DM Smith jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:10:43 -0400

Joe Walker wrote:

>DM Smith wrote:
>>I am resending the patch that I sent before with a few changes. I have
>>added actions for menus, fixed a bug in the CWClassLoader, which I found
>>while testing under jnlp (and is not present otherwise).
>>
>>I have also created an initial implementation using the technique (only
>>short on bringing up Options, but everything else is there). I commented
>>out code in Desktop (which should be removed) so that the merge will go
>>easier and so it will be more obvious what the changes were. I also
>>created DesktopActions as the location for behavior.
>>
>>Also, I found some bugs where the various existing actions passed "this"
>>to Reporter, when it should have been the JFrame of Desktop. This causes
>>the dialog to not always stay on top. There were a few other similar
>>"rooting" problems that I found. I have fixed these in DesktopActions.
>
>Thanks for this, I'm applying it, and doing a hatchet job on all the
>classes that it orphans, so it will be later on when I commit it.

Some are inner classes.

>I often think your most productive days programming are when you've deleted
>a whole stack of code!

I have a friend who used to tell his dad that every software release ended
up in a net loss in the number of lines of code. I use to tease him that I
was waiting for the day that he got it down to 5 lines.