[jsword-devel] More "features" (aka bugs)

DM Smith jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:39:27 -0500

I have worked on some of these.

DM Smith wrote:

>I am on a hunt for bugs. My definition of a bug is anything that does not
>behave as expected. Sometimes this will be an opportunity for my learning.
>So if of this is not bug help me understand.
>If you can let me know what the expected behavior should be, I can work on
>fixing what are real problems. Joe, if you wish, you may add any of these
>that are bugs to bugs.txt.
>
>Save, Save As, Save All throw a NPE at
>org.crosswire.jsword.view.swing.book.BibleViewPane.save(BibleViewPane.java:135),
>but the file is created.

Fixed. Puts up a dialog stating there is nothing to save.

>Open of the same file throws a ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at
>org.crosswire.jsword.passage.AbstractPassage.getVerseAt(AbstractPassage.java:357)

Fixed. Checks for file with nothing in it and puts up a dialog for empty
files.

>Edit Menu:
>I cannot figure out how to get Cut and Paste to enable.

Neither of these work. The code declares that they are not implemented.
Should they be removed?

>Copy doesn't seem to work.

I read the code and figured out that it works on the selected text in the
Bible view, Commentary View or the Dictionary view based upon what it thinks
is current.

I found that Ctrl-C in these work just as well. I find that selecting text,
going to the Edit Menu and choosing Copy is tedious. (Remember Alt-C brings
up help)

If Cut and Paste are removed, does it make sense to only have Copy on the
Edit menu? Especially when there are standard ways to do the same thing.

I'll send a patch tomorrow.