[jsword-devel] Before 1.0

Eric Galluzzo jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:34:52 -0500

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 21:56, DM Smith wrote:

> For post 1.0, I think pdf generation via xsl-fo would be good (Apache FOP).

FOP is good but can be very slow, especially on low-end machines.

> Print. Helps definitely.

Our company (eInnovation) develops an open-source library called EII
Commons (http://www.einnovation.com/projects/eiicommons/) which contains
a print preview widget that works with any java.awt.Pageable, if you're
interested.  I'm not sure what license we're using for our code now, but
it's either LGPL or a BSD-style one.

> Parallel texts (Bible || Bible, Bible || Commentary,
> Bible || Dictionary)

Yes, I'd love that.

I'd also love to see a feature whereby if one is reading a Greek text
(I'd also love to see Nestle/Aland!), one could hover one's mouse over a
word to see a multi-line tooltip indicating its morphology and
definitions.  For example:

jen arx`h `hn ho l'ogos...

Hovering over "`hn" would produce something like:

| v.3.aor.ind. ejim'i |
| 1. to be            |

        - Eric