[jsword-devel] Greetings and a couple of questions

Darren Remington jsword-devel@crosswire.org
26 Nov 2003 20:49:33 -0500

Hello to all,

I'm new to the list as of yesterday and don't know if these questions
have been answered before or not:

What kind of development environment does everyone set up to work on
JSword? The reason I ask is that I am looking to use Eclipse and this
project doesn't look like it is really set up for that. I don't really
want to use Netbeans because I really prefer to the look and usability
of SWT over AWT or Swing.

How does one add modules to JSword? I've added several to Sword 1.5.6
and would like to use them with JSword. I didn't notice any user
instructions on how to do this.

After installing the JSword binary with no VM, I wasn't sure what shell
script to run (it's not documented anywhere). Once I figured out to run
JSword/bin/jsword.sh, I still got a couple of errors that I will be
registering as bugs. I want to know exactly where the errors are
occurring in the code first before submitting to the buglist.

The install process was very nice though.