[jsword-devel] Latest version with Thai

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 11 May 2003 20:28:07 +0100

Chris Little wrote:
> <header> includes <language> to identify the language of the document
> itself.  There can actually be multiple <language> elements, possibly to
> indicate different languages used in the text or to indicate language of
> the original vs. the present translation.
>
> The lang attribute (hopefully to be replaced by xml:lang) appears on
> nearly every element.
>
> languageType isn't an element or an attribute, it's the type used to
> validate the values of both <language> and lang.  It should follow RFC
> 3066 exactly.

So let me make sure I understand. The for most English Bibles the header
will have <language>en</language>, and for the most part the lang
attribute will go unused. But could be used in Mark 15:34 around "Eloi,
Eloi, Lama Sabachthani" might have <foo lang="heb">Eloi ...</foo>

For what it is worth my understanding of xml:lang from
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-lang-tag would lead me to think it
should replace both <language> and lang="..."

Thanks,

Joe.