[jsword-devel] What can I do if I want to help?

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 08 May 2003 16:27:39 +0100

Hi,

Wow.
I'm impressed. Very impressed.
I've just applied the patch, and updated CVS.

I had just moved the checkstyle stuff into the new jsword-support cvs
module, but I checked the patch in there anyway.

In the code you asked "Why is the module encoding stored as a number?"
And I have no idea why. Mark wrote that bit, but I expect he just copied
it from the original C source, and there may well be a good reason for
it to be a number there.

I've just done a fairly major check-in, including lots of package.html
files, an upgrade to jdom 0.9. I'll try to keep my check-ins regular so
there aren't too many clashes.

I'll stay clear of the GBF tags.
You may well discover that the BookDataListener interface doesn't have
enough methods on it. The idea behind BookDataListener is to be a simple
way to help a data source create the OSIS data. It is a bit SAX like in
the way it does this, I'm sure you can see. I picked the OSIS tags that
I thought we were most likely to need, but I may not have got it right.

Thanks,

Joe.