[jsword-devel] Now I get it ....

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:22:22 +0100

I was confused as to why there were 2 indexes, well having sussed what
the unused data is, I now know what the 2 indexes are for.

 From what I can see so far even though they are not used in zverse.cpp
(as far as I could see) the 2 number specify how to chop up the
uncompressed data. This means to read cached data you only need to go to
one file, index 2 is only needed if you are uncompressing data.

Mind you it still could be done with only one file, and I'm not sure how
Sword cuts the uncompressed data up, since it appears to be ignoring the
vital data. But I'm getting happier that I know how to fix the blocking
problems.

More later.

Joe.