[jsword-devel] plans and releases

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:15:00 +0100

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Joe,
>     You're welcome to put what you like anywhere on crosswire.  Were
> you asking where I would suggest putting them?  If so, tell me a
> little more about what you'd be making available.

Just like when you download Ant or Tomcat etc they usually come with a
binary package a source package, and sometimes a docs package - exactly
the same for us. The ant build script will generate .tar.gz and .zip
files, but I wasn't sure that it was a good idea to drop them in the
webapp for JSword for several reasons.
- You might want to encourage ftp download and tomcat does not support ftp.
- Also I see the webapp as simply regeneratable from CVS, however a
download area is not simply regeneratable.

I had a look at how Sword works, and it seems that we could probably
have an area in the ftp directory, say /pub/jsword?

Do you need any more info?

Joe.