[jsword-devel] Module Format

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:20:25 +0000

Hi,

My copy of the RSV module contains files with the extension bz* and not
cz* as read by zVerse.cpp, and I can't find the string bzs in the source
anywhere that makes sense. What am I doing wrong?

I've spent hours and hours digging through the C source, and either my C
is very rusty or it is even harder that I imagined to convert C with
lots of memory/pointer manipulation into Java. Could anyone explain the
file format of the GZIP compressed modules? My head hurts and I'm not
making much progress at the moment. Actually doing the decompression is
easy - it's reading an array of bytes from disk that I am struggling with.

Thanks,

Joe.