[jsword-devel] Module Format

Chris Little jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:43:00 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> ZipCompress should give you access to most (if not all) compressed
> modules.  I don't know of any that use LZSS.  It was added mostly for
> STEP support which uses this compression by mandate.

Yep, we only use ZIP for modules currently in existence.  Back when we
started compressing, we testing a few each of big & small files at various
granularities & with each of the compression methods and decided that ZIP
was always better.

So until/unless STEP support is made functional, LZSS is pretty much
deprecated, which should cut some of the work you have to do.

--Chris