[jsword-devel] update

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:10:18 +0000

Hi,

I've just done an update to cvs that includes filters for GBF and THML,
and some I18N work. I've written a GBF parser, and plugged an XML parser
in for THML, and written an event based output filter. Some of the tags
are mapped from input to OSIS, but not all. The remaining mapping
*should* be easy, but in the absence of many texts to test against this
is hard to prove.
So next I'm on compression to get more texts available.

There will be several deprecation warnings if you do a sync now because
I'm not finished with the I18N work.

On a side note, I noticed that JDK 1.4.1 was out for MacOS-X. Absence
for JDK 1.4.1 for MacOS was the reason for us sticking to JDK 1.3. I
don't have a compelling reason to use 1.4.1 only right now, but if we
need to we perhaps could.

Joe.