[jsword-devel] Greek and Hebrew rending?

Chris Little jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:12:44 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Alex Kowalenko wrote:

> What are you guys doing about displaying Greek and Hebrew? Does sword
> have a standard for encoding it, and fonts to display it?

All Sword modules use either UTF-8 or Codepage 1252 internally (though you
can instruct Sword to return only UTF-8 data).  Essentially you just need
Unicode fonts.

For Greek, there are many fonts that will work; for Hebrew with
cantillation, there are very few (Ezra SIL probably being the best ATM).
Code2000 is our catch-all font since it has almost every codepoint
represented, though many are unattractive.

--Chris