[jsword-devel] First Message

Pablo Bryan jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:45:32 -0500

--------------040604000406040006000406

Hello all,

I would just like to introduce myself as I just joined the list. I just
found out about jsword, downloaded it and immediately could tell that
there is a lot of work pending on it. I would like to help. I'm no guru
but I consider myself a novice to intermediate Java developer, I have
concentraded in struts and the web technologies (don't have a lot of
Swing, AWT, etc... experience). But I'm aware of the need of a good
bible study tool that runs on all platforms.

I would like to ask what can I help with? bugs, maintenance stuff,
etc... to start getting my hands wet with the program. I checked out
jsword from cvs and have it running on my machine with Eclipse (got that
far!). But instead of just poking around I would like to know what the
plans, etc for the project are.

I would like to say thanks to  the founders of the project for choosing
Java, I don't know c or c++ very well and all the other study tools are
written on those languages and, though I've tried, I can't help much.
I'm very excited that I finally found a project I'm interested in, where
I can actually do something.

Please don't hesitate to contact me via this list or directly to my email.

In Christ,

Pablo Bryan

--------------040604000406040006000406

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
 style="font-family: -moz-fixed; font-size: 10px;" lang="x-western">Hello
all,
I would just like to introduce myself as I just joined the list. I just
found out about jsword, downloaded it and immediately could tell that
there is a lot of work pending on it. I would like to help. I'm no guru
but I consider myself a novice to intermediate Java developer, I have
concentraded in struts and the web technologies (don't have a lot of
Swing, AWT, etc... experience). But I'm aware of the need of a good
bible study tool that runs on all platforms.
I would like to ask what can I help with? bugs, maintenance stuff,
etc... to start getting my hands wet with the program. I checked out
jsword from cvs and have it running on my machine with Eclipse (got
that far!). But instead of just poking around I would like to know what
the plans, etc for the project are.
I would like to say thanks to&nbsp; the founders of the project for choosing