[jsword-devel] New Developer

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:47:58 +0000

Aleksander Rozman - Andy wrote:

>>> To Web? I am sorry I didn't understand this...
>>

>> There are servlets that use the jsword engine to produce a website.
>> HTML output is very helpful for this.
>>
>> > Will you use JavaHelp or not?
>>
>> I'm not sure there is a benefit to it at the moment.
>

> I mean for Help, not for displaying the bible... For standalone version
> of JSword I think it's quite OK to use JEditorPane, so that you don't
> need any external dependencies...

To be honest I've not thought much about a help system.
My design criteria would be that help text must be useful to several
UIs, including Swing and the web.
So if JavaHelp requires input that can't easily be shared then I don't
like it much.
Though there is a lot of overlap in functionality between JavaHelp and
JSword, the match may well not be perfect, but I know very little about
JavaHelp so I don't know.

If you know about JavaHelp then please help us! So long as the help text
is usable to several UIs then I don't have a problem with it.

Joe.