[jsword-devel] Re: Greetings and a couple of questions

Darren Remington jsword-devel@crosswire.org
01 Dec 2003 22:30:33 -0500

> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:55:54 +0000
> From: Joe Walker <joe@eireneh.com>
> To: jsword-devel@crosswire.org
> Subject: Re: [jsword-devel] Greetings and a couple of questions
>

> Hi,
>
> Darren Remington wrote:
> > Well, there's the first problem that I've got to overcome - getting the
> > correct project file. I downloaded jsword-0.9.6-linux-novm.bin from the
> > JSword download page: http://www.crosswire.org/jsword/download.jsp
>  > What files do I need to download to set up a development directory for
>  > JSword and where do I find them?
>
> You've downloaded a binary install so there are no development files
> there at all.
>
> The best way to get started would be to get the latest CVS copy of
> JSword using:
>    http://www.crosswire.org/jsword/cvs.html
>
> Either that or one of the source nightlies.
>
> Joe.

I tried a couple of different things, including doing a checkout from
CVS.

I first did a download of the source 0.9.6 tarball and unpacked it into
my Eclipse workspace. The project imported fine, except 2 errors:
1. Project jsword is missing required library:
'jsword/target/gener/jsword-osis.jar'.
2. Project jsword is missing required source folder:
'target/gener/config'.

When I tried using the 0.9.5 tarball and the CVS source tree, I got the
same results.

One of the build properties is off somewhere. I can't find any
jsword-osis.jar file anywhere in the source tree.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,