[jsword-devel] Re: modules

Joe Walker jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:42:16 +0100

--------------020100090702010005010205

Hi Patrick,

Quick answer to your questions
1) Sword module support: Yes, it's being worked on.
2) How active it is? I would say fairly active the list is quiet, but
several check-ins happen per week.
3) Do we need any help? Yes. I would value more bug reports - (I've
fixed the problems you mentioned, thanks) If you fancy taking on
something more substansial then please shout!

Thanks,
Joe.

Daniel Glassey wrote:

>On 19 Sep 2002 at 22:30, Patrick Lacson sent forth the message:
>

>>Dan,
>>
>>Hey cool software you have here!  I have been an
>>avid user of the e-sword (www.e-sword.net) program
>>and stumbled across the sword project and now
>>jsword.  I know the sword/jsword projects are
>>un-related to e-sword, but I would like to know
>>more about the jsword port of sword.
>>

>Hi,
>I'm not heavily involved myself, just did some infrastructure stuff on sourceforge, so I'm
>passing this onto the jsword devlist for the people that know better. Great to hear from you
>:)
>
>Regards,
>Daniel
>

>>1)  Are you planning on making the modules for the
>>sword project work on jsword?
>>
>>2)  How active is the development effort?
>>
>>3)  do you need help in any area?
>>
>>I did notice one minor bug in the build, the
>>jsword.sh is written in windows and the ^M are
>>render the sh script useless in unix.  Also the
>>jsword.sh is missing the log4j.jar as part of the
>>classpath.  Very minor but thought I would address it.
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>Patrick

--------------020100090702010005010205

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi Patrick,<br>
Quick answer to your questions<br>
1) Sword module support: Yes, it's being worked on.<br>
2) How active it is? I would say fairly active the list is quiet, but several
check-ins happen per week.<br>
3) Do we need any help? Yes. I would value more bug reports - (I've fixed
the problems you mentioned, thanks) If you fancy taking on something more
substansial then please shout!<br>
Thanks,<br>
Joe.<br>
Daniel Glassey wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">On 19 Sep 2002 at 22:30, Patrick Lacson sent forth the message:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Dan,

Hey cool software you have here!  I have been an
avid user of the e-sword (<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.e-sword.net">www.e-sword.net</a>) program
and stumbled across the sword project and now
jsword.  I know the sword/jsword projects are
un-related to e-sword, but I would like to know
more about the jsword port of sword.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Hi,
I'm not heavily involved myself, just did some infrastructure stuff on sourceforge, so I'm
passing this onto the jsword devlist for the people that know better. Great to hear from you
:)

Regards,
Daniel

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">1)  Are you planning on making the modules for the