[jsword-devel] webstart on windows and slimming

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:06:23 +0100

Mark wrote:

>This is indeed true.   I intend to write a JSP page that will
>automatically insert the correct codebase. I imagine most people would
>be serving from a Java server, but I can also do PHP and Perl cgi
>versions if people need them.

A JNLP generation jsp sounds like a good fix to that problem, but I
can't help thinking that IE will get all confused about the difference
between jsp extensions and mime types. We'll probably end up having to
do some hack like generate-jnlp.jsp?foo=bar.jnlp to make IE think this
is a JNLP file after all.
I've added a jnlp.jsp as a page about JSword WebStart, but I've not
updated the crosswire site yet. I will when WebStart works better.

Joe.