[Fwd: Re: [jsword-devel] CVS & progress]

Keith Ralston jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
12 May 2002 20:53:54 -0500

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Keith Ralston <keith@kharis.biz>
To: jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
Subject: Re: [jsword-devel] CVS & progress
Date: 10 May 2002 10:01:28 -0500

Joe,

0.9.5 sounds like a good compromise to me.  I've registered JSword on
SourceForge.  If Troy stays swamped, we can put the code there for now.
I've added you as an Admin.  Sounds like you've been very busy.  Please
let me know if I can do anything to help.

Keith

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 14:58, Joe Walker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the help on CVS.
> I'm nearly done merging projectb and jsword. There are now 3 packages:
>   org.crosswire.sword (As before for Sword compatibility)
>   org.crosswire.jsword (Old projectb classes)
>   org.crosswire.common (non-project specific utils for projb)
>
> I'm simplifying some of the startup config, and when I'm done with that
> and with CVS on crosswire, I'll release a merged jsword.
>
> Does anyone have any feeling on version numbers for jsword? I'm tempted
> to start somewhere between 0.9.1 and 1.0 to reflect it being
> - nearly but not yet public release quality
> - not quite everything that sword it (so <1.5)
> - more than what projectb was (so >0.9)
>
> Any progress on crosswire CVS, Troy?
>
> Joe.

P.S.  Sorry for sending from the wrong address, guys.