[jsword-devel] Recent Updates

Keith Ralston jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 00:47:56 -0500

Yep, I found where I got hung up in the Resource file.  I like your forward
thinking about the URLs.  I was wondering if the engine would ever be
separated from the Bible source files?  Do we not want the source files and
the engine to be accessing a common file system for the sake of speed?

In any event, the code that looks for versions does construct File objects.
I have modified this to remove an odd place where Windows causes two "/"
characters to appear in a path.  This is in the common utility
NetUtil.lengthenURL().  Win2k constructs the file: type URL with a
File.separator at the end.  The function also postpends a File.separator.  I
just added a switch to skip the postpend if a File.separator is the last
character of the URL.toString().

In findBibles(URL), a few places we instantiate File objects to look for the
versions directory.  These checked for trailing "/" characters.  I changed
them to look for File.separator.

Not really a big deal.  If I had configured my environment correctly to
begin with, I never would have hit these snags.  I'll be checking in these
two changed files shortly.
Then I shall precede to the Sword versions (I hope,) trusting that I finally
have a correctly configured environment. ;-)

OTT, carry on with the logging, I prefer log4j myself.

Keith