[jsword-devel] JSword list

Bobby Nations jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:32:45 -0500

Joe Walker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [snip]
>
> ProjectB works now. I've not touched the Sword stuff recently but not long
> ago it supported Sword modules. Given a weeks work or so it would probably
> fulfill 1, 2 and 3 of the JSwordGoals, and given a few more weeks we may
> well be able to have an interface that was close to the C++ interface too.

I think that Joe's plan makes sense, even though I've not studied his
code at this time.  There appears to be little risk involved in starting
with the projectB code base since there's such a short time frame
estimated for polishing it up to work with sword 1.5.3.

At the least, if we start down this path and later decide it's not the
best approach, we've lost little (a couple of weeks) and probably gained
much.  Heck, we could probably be at the point of decision before Troy
even returns from Europe.

Bobby