[jsword-devel] JSword list

Mike Dougherty jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
09 Apr 2002 15:21:44 -0700

On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 09:22, Joe Walker wrote:

> I guess I'm bound to be concerned because it means throwing ProjectB away.
> I've been working on Java for 6 years or so and I can honestly say that
> ProjectB represents some of the best written and documented code I've
> written or been involved in. So it would be a shame to throw it away.
>
> ProjectB works now. I've not touched the Sword stuff recently but not long
> ago it supported Sword modules. Given a weeks work or so it would probably
> fulfill 1, 2 and 3 of the JSwordGoals, and given a few more weeks we may
> well be able to have an interface that was close to the C++ interface too.

I'd be inclined to vote for this approach also. I am not an expert on
both (or either) code base (Yes, I did get your documentation Joe, just
haven't through it yet :-). But from what I have seen of both I think
Project B is a lot farther along and would make a better starting point.
We can then build adapters to make the interface that will keep the C++
guys happy.

Just my $0.02,
/m

 Mike Dougherty -- Java Software Engineer
 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his
 righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
 	Matthew 6:33