[Ichthux-devel] Re: Introducing Ichthux as a possibly new CDD

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Tue Apr 12 03:06:25 MST 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Raphaël Pinson wrote:

> The situation has changed a bit since then though, since crosswire is
> willing to host the project. One of the questions we then come to is whether
> we should keep the project on Crosswire, get it to Debian, or keep both.
I can not decide for you but if I were you I would vote against the "both"
option.  It means doubling of work and you will face that one of them will
be lagging behind soon.

> That would obviously be great if that's the way we choose (and I believe
> this is the best way we have if we do not want to waste energy only to bring
> the project back to a CDD in a few years).
This would be my advise.
Perhaps it makes sense to switch this discussion to debian-custom mailing
list because it is apropriate there.  In any case (independently from your
final decision) it might make sense to read this list.

>> Disclaimer: I only can be of any help in technical facts because as an
>> atheist
>> I'm completely incompetent regarding the problems of this project.
> Your help is very much appreciated, as your open mind to such a project :)
:)

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--