[bt-devel] QT6 Version

Gary Holmlund gw at holmlund.org
Wed Mar 27 22:27:59 EDT 2024

On 3/27/24 6:29 AM, David "Judah's Shadow" Blue wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 26, 2024 8:44:33 PM EDT Gary Holmlund wrote:
>>> David,
>>>
>>> I forgot that I need the exact bibletime executible, so I can use the
>>> core file. This probably means you will need to upload the latest
>>> version of each.
> Here is the link to a tarball containing my compiled bibletime binary, and the
> latest core dump. https://upload.disroot.org/r/0sG3atqG#RUqENga/
> x+KoAbGljeVTtcu6yijFBcaGnMZCPeFK9t0=
>
>> I wonder if you have a permission issue. Do you have a $HOME/.bibletime
>> directory? Are the permissions and owner of it Ok?
> I do, and it appears to be correct, drwxr-xr-x as are all the directories
> under it, and my bibletimerc file is -rw-r--r--. Everything is owned by my user
> and has my private user group as it's group (i.e. username username is the
> ownership)

David,

The executible and core told little other than it was crashing in Qt code.

I have done no Qt6 runtime testing, so I tried building and running on
Qt6. I crashed also. Mine crashed early while trying to put up the first
graphic (the splash screen).

1 QWidget::event(QEvent *)
2 QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject *, QEvent *)
3 QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject *, QEvent *)
4 QWidgetPrivate::show_helper()
5 QWidgetPrivate::setVisible(bool)
6 BibleTime::BibleTime bibletime.cpp
7 main main.cpp      246

This may be the same crash you are seeing. It does not occur with Qt5.

Jaak - Any ideas?

Gary