[bt-devel] New passage selector proposal

Daniel Owens dcowens76 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 06:40:24 MST 2012

I love to hear that you are interested in improving how BT works with
original languages because I am working on the Westminster Hebrew
Morphology module. The syntax module will likely follow after we get the
morphology module working well. Here is a summary of how the module
works in BibleTool (online) and BibleTime:

- Lemma lookup: Works in BibleTool (not BibleTime)
- Lemma search: Works in BibleTool (not BibleTime)
- Morph lookup: Works in BibleTool (but in BibleTime case-sensitive
issue means some results are erroneous - this is fixed in the engine but
needs to be released)
- Morph search: Works in BibleTime (not BibleTool), but case-sensitive
issue crops up

The ability to do a case-sensitive search will be the key to an
effective morph search. After that, lemma search needs to work.

If you or anyone else is interested in having a single-book module for
testing/development purposes, I can talk to the Groves Center about it.

Daniel