[bt-devel] Icons used in bibletime

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:55:39 -0400

Martin Gruner wrote:

> > As this saves about 100k from the rpm it might not really be worth the
> > effort.  It will install either way.
>
> Better include it directly if you feel it is necessary. Symlinks make too much
> work for us.

OK Once I am sure I have captured all of the icons I will put them back
where they belong.  I want to wait until all of the screen shots are
redone.

> > at http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=users.html
> > KDreamSite   - a light-weight HTML editor
> > KWebDev   - an HTML editor
> > Quanta+   - Quanta Plus is an HTML editor for the K Desktop Environment
>
> Yes, but we don't need a sourcecode editor, but a WYSIWYG widget like
> QTextEdit, preferrably with css support.

I will keep a look out, but we may need to keep using qYextEdit until we
find one..

> > Not yet, but i did include the reference to the slavic fonts page you
> > suggested.  I have yet to get printing of non western fonts to work with
> > cups.  This is a problem with my machines configuration.  I just have
> > not had enough time to play with the font installation.  It seams that
> > every time I do this i hose CUPS to the point I need to reinstall
> > linux.  At the moment I have managed to mess up software manager so
> > rpm's fail to install (can't find depend package errors).  Anyway
> > configuring the printer fonts in mandrake seems to be painful still.
>
> Oh! Well printing non-latin fonts with cups works here. I think cups utilizes
> ghostview, and KControl can automatically update the gs Fontmap, which is
> necessary for printing with cups (and lpr as well). Works very well here!
> That's why KControl is so helpful.

I will spend some time with kcontrol.  I probably need to reinstall some
fonts.  I will let you know what happens.

Fred