We are in need of those people that are able to use and abuse our software so that we can find the bugs that need to be repaired. So if you think you are up to this job, keep reading to find out what you need to do.
Subscribing To Developer's Mailing List
First thing you should do is subscribe to the developer's mailing list using the form on the webpage at http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel. This way you stay up to date on the latest developments and receive information on how to download beta releases of the software.
Sending in a Bug Report
If you think you found a bug, please first check the mailing list to see if someone else has already reported the same bug. If it is a new bug, please submit a bug report. Writing a Bug Report:
- Describe the alleged bug. What happened or failed to happen?
- Describe the steps to reproduce the bug.
- List your system configuration (processor, memory, OS, OS version, version of Internet Explorer for Windows bugs).
- Identify your version of SWORD API, if you know it.
- Identify the name and version of your front-end (The SWORD Project for Windows, BibleTime, GnomeSword, etc).
- Give contact information for follow up questions.
Submit the above information to the mailing list.